Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (CVWB) comment letter to City of Roseville Development Services – Planning, dated August 16, 2021

Construction Storm Water General Permit Dischargers whose project disturb one or more acres of soil or where projects disturb less than one acre but are part of a larger common plan of development that in total disturbs one or more acres, are required to obtain coverage under the General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Construction and Land Disturbance Activities (Construction General Permit), Construction General Permit Order No. 2009-0009-DWQ. Construction activity subject to this permit includes clearing, grading, grubbing, disturbances to the ground, such as stockpiling, or excavation, but does not include regular maintenance activities performed to restore the original line, grade, or capacity of the facility. The Construction General Permit requires the development and implementation of a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).

Clean Water Act Section 404 Permit

If the project will involve the discharge of dredged or fill material in navigable waters or  wetlands, a permit pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act may be needed from the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). If a Section 404 permit is required by the USACE, the Central Valley Water Board will review the permit application to ensure that discharge will not violate water quality standards. If the project requires surface water drainage realignment, the applicant is advised to contact the Department of Fish and Game for information on Streambed Alteration Permit requirements.

File Type: pdf
Categories: Comment Letters About Phillip Road Site (aka Reason Farms Panhandle)
Tags: Clean Water Act, United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
Author: Greg Hendricks
Scroll to top